Mise en train
Mise en train consists of 40 photocopiable worksheets with warm-up activities for intermediate and advanced learners of French. The activities focus on unveiling aspects and distinctive traits of the language which are too often overlooked in textbooks. They aim at stimulating learners' imaginations and natural curiosity.
The worksheets cover in particular the following aspects:
- fun with French words
- idiomatic aspects of the language
- the essential role of synonyms
- common vocabulary in context
- linguistic links between French and English
- the oddities of the French language
- modern uses of the language
- anecdotes to stimulate interest and discussions
- the pitfalls to avoid with false friends
- variety of French language usage
Click here to view sample pages of the workbook.